November 2020: Currently no new therapy availability for the foreseeable future. I will update this site when the availability changes.
In response to a variety of recommendations regarding COVID-19, I have transitioned all appointments to video (and some phone) appointments for the foreseeable future. I will update this site when in-person sessions resume. I will continue to offer video appointments past COVID-19.
At the time of the appointment, you simply click here or copy paste into your firefox or Safari browser: https://doxy.me/martinezcounseling
Life can become challenging and stressful, which can prevent us from living in a way that we want. We have all had times in our lives when our thoughts, behaviors and emotions can feel out of balance. Therapy/Counseling can help support and facilitate being on a positive path to well-being and personal growth for optimum work/school life balance and overall happiness with yourself and within your relationships.
As a psychotherapist/counselor, my goal is to help you increase potential and lead a more satisfying life personally, relationally and professionally/academically. While we can't change difficult situations of the past, we can work to better understand and resolve challenges in our lives. By applying complementary therapy approaches, health/wellness and collaborating, together we will take a closer look at rational/emotional/communication/thought patterns or perceptions.
I view my role as helping you process, resolve and/or heal towards increased confidence and clarity.
I work with individuals, couples and families to:
- Increase Intimacy & Connection
- Build on Existing Strengths
- Understand the past to better the future
- Enhance communication skills
- Live in Increased Balance (when possible)
- Create or Sustain Healthy Relationships
- Honor and/or Transform Family Legacies
- Process Racial or Ethnic Identity
- Process and begin to heal through Race Related Issues
If you're looking for extra support and guidance through a challenging situation or you're just ready to move in a new direction in your life, I look forward to working with you to achieve and process your goals.
Insurance: IN-Network Preferred Provider for:
- Regence Blue Shield,
Regence Uniform Medical Plan:
- Puget Sound High Value Network
- UW Medicine,
Premera Blue Cross,
- Global, Heritage, Heritage Plus 1, Heritage Prime, Heritage Signature, LifeWise Assurance Company, LifeWise Connect, LifeWise Health Plan of Washington Preferred
- Kaiser Permanente PPO (OUT of network for Kaiser's HMO and Core plans),
- First Choice Health Network & EAP,
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Anthem, Lifewise, Heritage Plus 1, Global,
- Wellspring EAP,
- Cigna & Cigna EAP
Video Sessions, (Telehealth)
Video Sessions using Doxy.me
Office Locations within 3 miles of:
Downtown Seattle, Wallingford, Greenlake, Sandpoint, Phinney Ridge, University District, Laurelhurst, View Ridge
Location Details: BY TELEHEALTH ONLY AT THIS TIME
University District Building
1107 NE 45th St Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98105
Parking on street, pay-to-park, Bus lines across the street